Thursday, December 23, 2010

Modded.com LLC

Wow - Christmas is just two days away.  Where has the year gone?  Crazy to think that one year ago today, I was working for a large e-discovery provider and now I have my own company.  Very exciting times to say the least.

Well on to more documented items.  This has actually been a positive, almost very positive week.  I wanted to share this brotherly story with you.  As if it's almost a coming of age, but more like the evolving of our great company.  My older brother was on a conference call with one of his game publisher connections this week.  The guy on the phone asks my brother "hey are you related to Matthew Moalem?", my brother being completely stunned by the question said "yes, I am", and said (being the big protector that he is), "how do you know my brother?".  The guy responded with "We came across your brothers company Modded, and have call with their VP of Bus Dev this week".  Now this is a semi role of reversal, as most used to ask me if I was related to my older brother, and if they could get some insight into the company he was attached too.  Now I won't go into the details, but needless to say, it's a rather good sized game publishing company.  A tremendous validation on one of our target verticals which is gaming and game publishers.

We finally completed our investor slide deck this week as well.  I'm gearing up for a series of calls today and next week, then possibly into a roadshow next month.  Never took into consideration how difficult it is to get the right message contained into a slide deck.  We probably had 15 iterations of the deck before final sign-off late yesterday.  Myself and the Modded team are still finalizing the formal business plan (80 percent done), sales compensation plan (70 percent done), and overall executive summary (70 percent done).  What I'm starting to realize is that there really is so many hours in a day.  Most of our efforts if not on infrastructure are focused on developing net new clients and partnerships.

Now I must share.  Since I starting publishing my blog, those who we have sought guidance with, have explicitly asked me to keep there name(s) out of the blog.  As you can tell, I haven't mentioned anyone but really myself during this process, and will contain to keep those who provide guidance (VC's, Angels, Investors, etc.) out of the blogging limelight.  So rest assured, I won't be sharing that info with the general public until due time and via the proper channels and press/social vehicles.

On the partner front, we're still making progress.  Interesting enough, apparently I have fans of my blog, and they agree with my assessment that there will be indeed some form of Social and Digital industry consolidation happening sooner rather than later.  Those who I initially considered potential industry competitors and listed on our investor deck, have connected with me via Facebook and LinkedIn.  Stay tuned, as this continues to evolve.  I suspect you'll start to see some major upward momentum coming Modded's way.

Well, and as usual, I have so much more to say, but not enough time to continued to enlighten you on this ever  growing chronicled experience.  I will do my best over the next week to publish an update, but if I don't, and we move into next year, then have an amazing Christmas and New Year.

Matthew J. Moalem
President/Fouder
Modded.com LLC
moalem@modded.com

No comments:

Post a Comment